The COVID-19 pandemic forced many businesses to shift to remote work. Some were left scrambling to invest in the right technology to support their new work environment. Now restrictions have lessened in regional areas and businesses are adapting to the conditions, many companies are opting to continue remote working practices.
In order to support long-term remote working, companies need to choose the right tools and technology to seamlessly connect their employees and help them stay productive. Keep reading to learn about Microsoft Lists, the ultimate tool for organising packed workloads.
What is Microsoft Lists?
Lists is integrated with Microsoft Teams and available for all customers as of September 2020. The Lists app, embedded within Microsoft 365, enables users to track information, organise work streams, and build custom to-do lists. Employees can collaborate and communicate effortlessly, regardless of location.
How Microsoft Lists can support the busiest of businesses
Lists can offer solutions for organisations that have remained busy and active (or have ramped up again) during the COVID-19 pandemic, while also adjusting to a new way of working. The benefits of remote working are apparent for many businesses, including less time spent commuting, flexible working hours, and increased communication through technology. As businesses attempt to capitalise on these benefits, they need the proper tools to support their teams and increase productivity.
Microsoft Lists offers the productivity features that many businesses seek, designed to keep teams focused and on the same page. Key benefits of Microsoft Lists include:
- Integration within Teams: Direct integration with Microsoft software and the Teams app enables companies to work without disruption across their existing platforms. Microsoft Lists fits perfectly with the tools your team already uses every day.
- Quick lists: Creating lists within Teams takes no more than a few clicks. Custom lists help organise your projects, events, assets, and more.
- Easy collaboration: Microsoft Lists and Teams can be viewed side by side. Rules, reminders, and comments help you track the most important aspects of any project and keep everyone in sync.
- List templates: Pre-made templates help you generate lists in seconds. Get a jumpstart with a ready-made template and then share your list with relevant people in one click.
- Custom lists: You are not confined to the templates within Microsoft Lists. Create custom lists to meet the unique needs of your team and view the lists in the way you prefer. Form elements can be configured to use conditional formatting highlighting the most important details.
- Issue tracker: Keep track of issues and resolve them quickly. You can set priorities within your list to closely manage outstanding items or issues. Notifications help your team stay on track and properly assign issues as needed.
- Onboarding checklist: Onboarding a new employee remotely can be a struggle. Create an onboarding checklist to serve as a guide for all new employees to make sure they start with success.
- Asset manager: Keeping a track of hardware and assets when employees are in different locations can be complicated. Create a record of all physical assets, detailing who is in possession of each item, items in repair, and check-out logs.
Microsoft Lists for specific industries
Healthcare organisations can use Microsoft Lists to track patient progress; government-focused templates enable departments to track and respond to incidents, and marketing teams can create detailed content schedules that suit their methods.
With custom lists, you can create templates that work for your industry. From event planning tools to custom productivity apps, Microsoft Lists has a wide range of applications. No matter your industry or company size, you can organise your work and stay in sync from anywhere.
Get the most out of Microsoft Teams
New updates are rolling out every month, and it can be tricky to stay on top of the latest tools and features. Make sure you are getting the most out of your Microsoft Teams app by reaching out to our team and letting us talk you through the features. CyberBITS can help you stay up to date with the latest developments and help identify which tools are useful specifically for your business.